After school activity club bookings
Superstar Sports is a family run organisation dedicated to providing children with the opportunity to partake in a variety of different sports both inside and outside of the school setting. The company works with over 25 schools and educational settings, delivering a wide range of activities to more than 10,000 children every week.
The team at Superstar Sports approached us looking for a booking management and online booking system allowing them to manage a number of afterschool activity classes across a variety of schools.
Software functionality and application
- Access for specified Superstar Sports Team Members by secure login.
- Set up and manage team members with associated permissions.
- Set up and manage regions (e.g. New Forest, Portsmouth) and locations (e.g. Southampton Grammar School, Brockenhurst School).
- Set up and manage activity types (Academies, After School Clubs and Holiday Camps).
- Set up and manage location-specific activities.
- Set up and manage events associated with activities (e.g. Football Tournament for anyone attending a soccer academy).
- Set up and manage extras (e.g. early arrival, late departure, cooked lunch) with options and prices.
- Set up and manage available dates, prices and spaces for activities.
- Set up and manage discounts and promotions, with optional promotion codes, sibling discounts and multiple-booking discounts.
- Set up and manage sign-up and re-enrolment including the option of Taster Sessions, automatic sign up until end of period and automatic re-enrolment.
- View, add and manage customers (parents) and their children, including required information for children such as date of birth, gender and allergies.
- View, add and manage bookings with the ability to move children between activities subject to availability.
- Manage payments, including setting up on a per-location/academy/season basis the number of HAF credits available and the redemption of childcare vouchers.
- View, update and print daily/weekly registers of children attending activities.
- Export booking and register information to Excel/CSV.
- Set up and manage e-mail templates for confirmation of bookings, cancellations and subscription expiry/renewal.
- Enforce automatic subscription renewal and collection of payment for academies.
- Set up and manage online shop categories and products, including size options and prices.
Superstar Sports team members will be able to – subject to their individual permissions – view reports on:
- Bookings levels by region, location, activity type and date.
- Current subscription levels and expiry dates by activity type, location and date
- Attendance figures for events and activities, including occupancy levels
- Parents can view availability for academies, after school clubs and holiday camps by region, date and location.
- Parents can select an activity type, then book dates with automatic enrolment for the selected period in the case of Academies and After-School clubs.
- Parents enter their details and those of their children who are being booked on to activities.
- Discounts, promotions and taster sessions are automatically applied at the point of booking.
- Optional extras can be selected during the booking process with costs automatically updated.
- Display online shop items related to the selected activities and allow these to be added to the booking and purchased.
- At the point of booking, parents pay up front using Stripe to enter their card details. Booking is then confirmed and confirmation e-mail sent to Superstar Sports and the parent.
- Parents can log in securely with a username and password.
- Parents can view and update their details and those of their children.
- Parents can view their children’s bookings and enrol them on to future activities, subject to availability.
- Parents can view and purchase online shop products.
This project has allowed us to futher evolve our knowledge of the afterschool activity provision sector and enabled us to further develop core functionality which can be used across a variety of other leisure systems.