Activity bookings and management
Cascade Camps is a family-run business with over 20 years experience running activity day camps, overnight camps, performing arts camps, adventure travel programs and sports camps for kids in the Hertfordshire area.
Owner Jake Rothauge approached us in December 2021 as he was finding that the off the shelf software he was using to run his activities wasn't meeting his requirements. This sector requires additional payment functionality around the acceptance of childcare vouchers, which needed to be taken into account. Another priority was to streamline the customer experience and make it as easy as possible for parents and carers to be able to book and pay for multiple sessions.
Software functionality and application
Admin site (backend)
- Cloud-based system with password-restricted access for your administrators
- Setup and manage locations, activities, seasons and prices
- Setup and manage discounts and promotions
- Manage the availability of activities by location and date
- View daily/weekly schedule in calendar and list/diary formats
- Set up and manage e-mail templates for reservation, confirmation, cancellation etc.
- Set up and manage customers and registrations
- View and confirm Child Care voucher bookings
- View reports on bookings and payments by location, activity and date
- Set up on a sub-domain and design to match the styles and branding of the existing website for continuous customer experience
- Fully mobile-responsive design
- Customer selects season, location and activity then chooses one or more available dates
- Customer enters their own details and the required details for each child to complete a provisional booking
- Booking can be paid by credit/debit card through Stripe. The booking would be confirmed and a confirmation e-mail sent out
- Alternatively, customer can use a Child Care voucher. The booking would remain provisional until an administrator confirms it upon validating the voucher code
Anyone who has tried booking after-school activities and clubs for their kids will know that there are various software systems currently in use across the sector with varying levels of sophistication. Many can be frustratingly long-winded to use and Jake wanted to solve this issue and minimise the number of steps in the booking process. Jake is really customer focused and had a clear idea of what he wanted to achieve, so we loved working on this project. We continue to meet with Jake regularly to discuss ways to further develop and improve the system.
Owner, Cascade Camps
We approached Angelfish to design a bespoke booking system for our holiday camps and school clubs and we have been extremely happy with the service from Paul and his team. The system is able to expand and adapt to our business needs, and adding new elements and features is never an issue. They always respond very quickly and are efficient, reliable and easy to work with. I would happily recommend Angelfish to anyone looking for a bespoke system.